The Silver Linings Group is a small, close-knit team that is hugely dedicated to making a difference for your brand. With a focus on strategic digital marketing, we help our clients reach potential customers through relationship building, providing value, and being authentic to who they are.
This is it. The year that you finally take your side hustle full time.
You’ve been sharpening these skills for a while now: playing with the ins and outs to see if this business is really what you want, and aligning the logistics so that they match your vision.
You’re finally ready to take the leap of faith and commit to doing this full time but before you do, double-check these five points to make sure that your side hustle is set up for full-time success in 2022.
The first step in achieving full-time success with your side hustle in 2022 is making sure that you’re mentally ready for it.
Mindset and mentality are everything when it comes to entrepreneurship. YOU have you to be your biggest cheerleader and if you’re not mentally ready to take on the challenges and grow on this journey, then we’re sorry to break it to you, but maybe your side hustle isn’t quite ready to go full time.
– Take today to track some of your thoughts as they pertain to your business. Our conscious and subconscious minds play a huge part in framing and creating the reality that we live in so taking note of what you’re giving attention to will help you gain a clearer picture of your attitude in business.
– Ask yourself: why are you committing to this now? Why is it important to uplevel this side business and what are you risking if you don’t?
– Journal: What are some mental blocks and limiting beliefs that you hold regarding your business?
As an entrepreneur, you’re going to have a lot on your plate. If you’ve been running this business as a side hustle for a while now, you’re probably familiar with all the logistical steps needed to ensure success, but if you’re just starting out, leverage the power of visualization to help you anticipate your business needs. By putting the systems in place to help you manage your time and schedule, you ensure that all the components are lined up for a smooth-running business.
– Track your time for an entire week. Taking an honest look at how you spend every minute of every hour will help you account for any missing minutes.
– Ask yourself: what does your ideal look like? Take a look at your energy levels throughout your day and do your best to delegate tasks accordingly.
– Streamline systems, software, and operations to ensure flow. Make sure that you’re spending your time and energy on the most important parts of your business.
One of the most important parts of a successful full-time business is profitability. Crunch the numbers to make sure that everything adds up. It defeats the point if you’re doing all this work but are still bleeding time, money, and resources dry, right?
– Reflect: What’s your relationship with money like? Reflect on your limiting beliefs and mindsets here.
– Anticipate all the possible financial outcomes. You want to run the numbers for all the best possible and least desirable outcomes.
This ties in with running the logistics of your business, but before you take your side hustle full time, you want to make sure that your legal and tax operations are properly set up. We highly recommend that you reach out to a qualified lawyer or accountant to make sure that your business is set up for success.
– Reach out to the appropriate professionals to get your legal and financial systems set up.
– Ask yourself: are all your documents stored securely? Are there systems in place in case something happens?
Last but not least, to ensure a long-lasting, sustainable business, you need to have a support system in place. Entrepreneurship is difficult, stressful, and (at times) scary. Having a community to back you up, whether it’s simply because you’re having a bad day or because you need technical support, makes the biggest difference. Connect with The Silver Linings Group and Danielle Abele for support on your entrepreneurial journey!
– Ask yourself: what does support look like for you? Do you need a small group to keep you accountable and motivated? Do you need a business coach to bounce ideas off of? Get specific with what your needs are.
– Integrate yourself into a community of like-minded individuals. After getting honest with your own needs, find a support system that matches those needs.
These five checkpoints are just the beginning. If you’re ready to take your side hustle off the ground but need a little more guidance or accountability on how to create a sustainable and profitable business, join our Side Hustler To CEO waitlist! This coaching program relaunches in 2022 and will teach you everything you need to know to take your side hustle full time.